Our apartment isn't that home'y' since the walls are porous spackle and as white as a hospital ward. I'm not good at decorating or seeing little ways to dress up a room but my mom is really good at it so today we went to a few thrift stores in the area to redecorate. We also went to Joe's Furniture - the amazing consignment store that Nathan and I checked out when we first arrived in KC. We had alot of fun hammering, sewing and being crafty. My mom and I saw an article in the latest Martha Stewart magazine about 50's style watermelon crocheted pot-holders. I loved them and promptly made a few to hang in the kitchen. For the kitchen window I sewed up a white sheet and used a potato stamp to make the watermelon's. The house looks more like a home and since we'll be here for awhile it was nice to make the changes and I couldn't have done it without my mom's help.
No comments:
Post a Comment