Today Nathan and I went to a Medical Reenactment at the John Wornall House. The Wornall House was used as a hospital during the Civil War battle, the Battle of Westport. I love all the history that Kansas City has to offer. It's amazing! And I give so much credit to those who reenact because they're doing something they love and it takes alot of guts - it's similar to live theatre. I suppose that because I could never do it, I have so much respect for those who do. We saw alot of the same people who did the civil war fashion show at the library a few weeks ago. The medical displays were really interesting and they reenactment of soldiers having bullets removed and arms amputed was really fun to watch. I know it's picture overload but it was such a cool experience and since we missed our Memorial Day activites last weekend, I thought this would somewhat make up for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment