Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowfall

We had a crazy snowfall today. I was at work and saw the snow start falling down furiously. I was a little worried about my dad coming to pick me up but by the time my shift was over most of the snow had settled.
Work was great and I was surprised how much I remembered. Sandi (my manager) said that she'll be leaving me alone to work this weekend. I really like multi-tasking and love baking so this job is perfect for me.

I was talking to Jan, a cashier at the store and she asked, "don't you feel like you've dropped down the rabbit hole?" I really do! It was the perfect way to sum up what it feels like being back here. I feel like a teenager again- living with my parents, working at my high school job, having to get rides since Nathan has the car, and hanging out with my friends. It's strange but fun.

Although this past week has been difficult without Nathan, the time has really flown by. I know he's taken care of and happy in KC and I'm thankful we had so much time together (Saba, Boxall, and KC). We know so many couples that have been apart for the full 4 years. 4 months apart is easy when I think of how lucky we've been.



No comments:

Post a Comment