Titling this blog "Welcome Home" doesn't seem right since Nathan isn't here too. It was hard to leave him back in Kansas City but soon he'll be packing up and heading off to Brooklyn. After a long 14 hour travel day (including getting up at 3:30am, a 3 hour layover in Washington, getting asked out by a very high gentleman while I waited for a shuttle, and a 4 hour drive home in a minor snowstorm from the Detroit airport). I couldn't believe how cold it was when I got off the plane! It was snowy and freezing! Minus 15! Yikes!
My mom took me out for dinner to Ben Thai- a great Thai restaurant in London that's right down the street from the AboutTown Airbus headoffice. I was exhausted but starving and the food was great.
When I got home.... I had new PJ's on my bed. They are flannel and so warm. Even with our corn stove on full-blast (usually the house feels like the Sahara) but tonight it just felt comfortable - that's how cold it is here. I settled in for a good night's sleep by 9pm- ready to take over the ENTIRE bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment