A few weeks back when my mom and I were at the roadside market in Dutton, we saw some dried gourds. The week before we saw similar gourd birdhouses selling at a local craft shop (hollowed and painted) selling for $37. The dried gourds were $2.50 each so we decided to buy a few to make our own gourd birdhouses. It was a multi-step process- clean, prime, drill, paint, seal- but it was a great new craft project. Nathan and my Dad got in on the fun too.
I'm not much of a painter but I had my favorite inspiration- an OWL!
those are awesome! the kids would love them.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! You guys are so creative! I can't believe that Nathan's so close to being done rotations. I'll bet it's a nice feeling!! Good luck on step 2 (not that he'll need it ;-D).
ReplyDeleteYou guys are seriously too cute. :) Those turned out so awesome!
ReplyDelete