Thursday, June 28, 2012

Salt Dough

I saw a salt dough recipe on Pinterest yesterday. I had the morning at home so I wanted to try it out. I made way too much dough so I started playing around with different shapes- but always landing in familiar territory.




I think this would be a great Christmas craft for kids where they could make and paint their own ornaments. When I was in the second grade my mom helped me make a heart shaped pendant for every kid in my class. We painted them red and pink and put each student's name on it. They were a huge hit.

2 comments:

  1. so cool. i'm going to need you to make a few for the girls room. i want to redo it with a willow tree and owls

    ReplyDelete
  2. We once tried to make salt dough pendants for necklaces while we were on Saba (they were no where near as cute as yours!!). We baked 'em dry and within days, the humidity was softening them again. :)

    ReplyDelete