Thursday, June 21, 2012

This wouldn't fly anywhere else.

I don't consider myself an overly patriotic person. Mostly I consider being obsessively patriotic on the same level as extreme fans who think they play for the sports team. I think loving, respecting,and enjoying the country you choose to live says more than talking in a collective "we". Because most North Americans are lucky enough to choose where we live, I think that it is important to fly the flag of the country you live in.


When I was driving home yesterday I saw this flag. I don't think it's right. I believe you should maintain roots but if you're going to fly your home country's flag, it should be lower than the country you live in's flag -and really, I don't think you should fly another country's flag at all. I don't think this is appropriate. If we ended up in Missouri for Nathan's residency I would proudly fly an American flag.

Maybe this is just my inner Canadian being  awakened since it's Canada Day next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment