Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pizza Night

In order to keep the competition (with April) even I decided to make a pizza for dinner for Nathan tonight. I've used the same dough recipe for years but lately I haven't been enjoying the taste as much. I plugged through a bunch of websites and managed to put together a recipe that turned out perfectly (the secret is the brown sugar instead of white).

I didn't know when Nathan would be home (since he has to work this weekend) so I just let the dough rise and then I'd punch it down again. Usually I only do this once - maybe twice, but today (because I was waiting for Nathan) it rose a third time and I think it made a huge difference in the taste and texture of the crust.

I topped it with everything leftover in the fridge. I do my shopping early in the week so by the weekend it's getting sparse but I like to use everything up. I chose BBQ as the main topping (it's our favourite). In total the pizza cost $6.50 to make and we have tons leftover for lunch tomorrow!



Pizza Dough:
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast 
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar 
1 1/2 cups warm water 
 1 teaspoon salt 
 2 tablespoons olive oil 
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

No comments:

Post a Comment