My parents, Allison, and I decided to have an errand day today. We each had places we needed to go and decided to make it a travel day.
I only needed a few things for Allison but ended up splurging on a new pair of Clark's at the Factory Shoe Outlet.
As we were driving home we passed a Goodwill that just opened in London. It is an "outlet" store and I was intrigued so my mom turned the truck around so that we could investigate while my Dad watched Allison. It was a really strange store because it was an empty room with 6 rows of bins (3-6 bins deep) and everything was in piles. The clothes were separate from books and shoes but all the clothes were mixed in together- men, women, kids, large to extra small. I got so excited. I have mentioned a million times before how much I love USA thrifting but around my home in Ontario it's so expensive. I was looking at summer dresses in a thrift shop last week and the least expensive one they had was $13.99!
I started looking through stuff and it was crazy because they kept bringing out more bins and people would swarm them. I was the only under 30ish person there and the only one my size so I wasn't worried about competing for items. I actually found tons of stuff - and all but 2 items still had the tags on.
When I was ready to checkout I was thrilled to see that the items are weighed to determine price. The items were $1.40/pound. So, for $7.00 I bought:
-2 tank tops
-1 tunic
-1 sweater
-1 cardigan
-1 pair of jeans
-1 t-shirt
-1 blouse
-1 hat
-1 winter dress coat (for Scarlett)
-2 books (for Scarlett and Tanner)

Good for you! Some sweet dealios!
ReplyDelete