Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Goodbye


Last night (while Nathan was at work) my parents took us to the Olive Garden for dinner. Allison was so good - she sat at the table and didn't cry once. I was really nervous about her freaking out since it was close to bedtime and I don't think restaurants are a place for crying babies. Grocery stores? Malls? Airplanes? Sure, let your kid meltdown- it's what kids do and no one is paying to be there. But I wouldn't want to ruin someone's meal with my crying kid- that's just bad manners. Luckily, Allison was good and I was able to eat my Steak Gorgonzola while it was hot.

After dinner my mom and I used FaceTime to talk to Shelley and the kids while my Dad did a few last jobs around Annie's house. My dad loves being outside and I think he only came inside this week to eat and sleep. He's been working away (even though I told him he doesn't have to). He's been trimming falling limbs, cutting back perennials, cutting the grass, leveling the washer, stopping the washer from leaking (by adding an extension hose), and weed-eating. The yard looks great, and with my mom watching Allison, I was able to get the house set up.

Once we were caught up, I knew the time had come to say goodbye to my parents.

We had a great visit with them and even though it was time for them to leave, it was really hard. My mom had been getting teary on and off for a few days and I kept telling her that it was okay to cry and kind of laughed that she was such a softie. But today when we gave our final hugs and they loaded into the truck and started down our street I couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

I'll miss them so much.

My parents have been such a big help with Allison and I don't know how I'll adjust to being without them. Nathan works so much and such long hours that I know I'll be doing a lot alone and I'm scared about it. Even though I have a great support system here, I'm used to being in Boxall.

It will be a period of adjustment but I'm happy that the three of us are together.


1 comment:

  1. It can be scary being alone but remember the prayer support from your parents and loved ones all over the place! (Skype and facetime are wonderful too, while Alli is still small enough to stay still :) I'm sure you will settle in with Nathan there to help. Blessings as you begin a new part of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete