Allison has been changing so much everyday. Nathan often comes home and says how old she looks. Hulu is featuring Sesame Street episodes so I thought I'd turn it on to see how Allison reacted. She was enamored. I don't think she blinked - which meant I got to make dinner!
While I was making dinner, a memory popped into my head that showed me how we can't really know how bad we were as children until we have children.
When my brother and I were growing up we had a TV that used a antenna dial. I'm not kidding, it looked like this:
Anyway, I remember my mom, rushing home from working all day, still in her office clothes, frantically making a dinner for us kids, and she would turn on the mixer to beat the potatoes and the TV would go fuzzy and we.would.freak.
I mean really?
Or when my mom would call us for dinner and I didn't IMMEDIATELY drop my Barbie and come running?
"You're welcome for your hot meal! I'll just sit her and let it cool off while I wait for you to finish your imaginary conversation with plastic people!"
Sometimes I look at Allison and think, ugh, your mom is BANANAS! But I thought/think that about my mom and she's awesome.
I want Allison to think I'm great but really, sometimes I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing with a baby. I mean, she's fed, she's clean, we've done tummy time, bath time, sing time, read time- how else am I supposed to fill the day? Sometimes I ask her what we should be doing because I feel like I'm missing something. Although then the next day comes and I feel like I don't have time to brush my teeth.
Allison has been working at rolling over. She's still not there yet, but having a toy nearby to entice her helps. She's getting so close!



No comments:
Post a Comment