Sunday, December 1, 2013

Busy Day

Today was an important day. A couple times a year, Wornall Road does a baby dedication ceremony. This ceremony is to for parent's (who believe in adult baptism) to promise to their church that they will do their best to give their child a Christian upbringing.

 

There were supposed to be other babies in Allison's group but it things came up and it ended up just being our little family up on stage. John Mark did a great job introducing Allison and he was very emotional (as we were) as he talked about how he hoped that after last year (he preached at the boy's funeral) that we would have this day in our future.

When JM took Allison from Nathan, I thought he was going to 'Lion King' her, so that's probably why I have that goofy look on my face- I was just imagining the music starting..."It's the circle of liiiiifffffeee...."

Allison looked adorable in her new dress that Jessica, a friend from Knechtel's (my old workplace) gave to her. When I received the dress, it looked so big, I couldn't imagine Allison fitting into it but today it fit her (and the occasion) perfectly.

After church Vanessa and I headed down to the Country Club Plaza while Nathan took Allison to his co-worker Chris' place to watch the Chiefs game. Vanessa and I had a fun, relaxing time walking through stores, then catching a movie (Catching Fire) then having dinner at a Fondue restaurant (The Melting Pot).

When Vanessa was buying an item at a store and the clerk started to tell her about the return policy, she just explained that she was from Toronto and he asked, "Where is that?" We couldn't help but giggle. It's like last week when I got my haircut and my stylist was asking what Canada was like, and when I asked her what she knew about Canada she said, "I think that it's like...a pioneer place, like, you guys are still figuring things out."

We didn't get home until after Allison was put to bed and it felt strange to be apart from her so long, but Nathan is going a great job taking care of her so that I can have some time with Vanessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment