I want to donate my sweater to the thrift store with an ID tag and see if it makes it way through ugly sweater parties. I think it's that ugly! I tied for ugliest sweater but in a rock-paper-scissor tie breaker I lost 2 out of 3 to Mandy Steely.
The party was a big success and we were able to really enjoy ourselves because Allison went to bed early and I was able to put her in Danny and Katie's room to sleep. We played White Elephant, a twist on a traditional gift exchange. Nathan and I each brought a gift. We brought a baking kit (icing kit, spatula, cookie cutters, and muffin cups) and a tea light holder with candles. I also made a snowflake ornament for each gift. I always try to bring gifts that I would want so even if I end up with my own, I'm happy!
Even better- those that got our gifts were happy, and we were thrilled with what we got/stole!
For the second year in a row, I picked Kristen Spilker's Starbucks gift. Kristen is a manager there and always brings something great! It's a Kansas City mug that has KC landmarks on it, and it's filled with chocolates- plus a gift card! I love this mug and I'll be able to enjoy Nathan's gift of Christopher Elbow hot chocolate in it! There were some really great gifts this year and I think we all left happy.





Love your sweaters!! You are so good at that!!!!
ReplyDelete