All babies are different but so many parents are bound to the milestone mentality, meaning, you baby must be rolling over by 4 months, getting their first tooth by 6, crawling by 8 months, walking by 12. I've been stressing about these milestones, mainly because Allison is developing at her "corrected" age and not her real age. Plus, she seems a little behind- not in motor function or reactions but she still hasn't rolled over at 5 months (even though she's trying).
She's always hated tummy time and today, while I was trying to teach her how to roll, I put her on her stomach and she did great! She just propped herself up and played. Like it was no big deal! Why have I been stressing so much and reading so many ridiculous stories on Babycenter.com, for example, "Oh, your baby can't do tummy time at 3 months? She probably needs physical therapy. Your baby will develop mental and physical delays without tummy time." So scary, but here she is, in her own time, doing her thing. Allison is doing well, she's nearly 18 pounds and is really happy and that's what I need to focus on.
PS- I love how dark her brow gets when she raises her eyebrows!
No comments:
Post a Comment