We had a great visit and Nathan and I were even able to sneak away for a date night. We went to the Indian Palace for dinner and it was amazing. It was one of the best meals I've ever had at a restaurant. The staff was great, the food was delicious and it was fun to try something different/that I couldn't make at home. We had a side of nann bread with nuts and coconut and it quickly because my new favorite food.
Nathan took his parents to the WWI museum on Thursday while I stayed home with Allison. It was good to have a day to stay out of the cold and reconnect with my baby girl.
Nathan and I stocked up at costco so we could have some great meals at home while his parents were here. We bough salmon, brie, chicken, and tons of fresh fruit and veggies. The best was waffles before church on Sunday. I put some of the brie that we had left from our cheese and cracker snack into the morning quiche and it was heavenly!
Marlene brought a gift along from a friend of her's with goodies for Allison. I love homemade gifts and the knitted items were amazing. We were heading out for the day and we put Allison in her new hat- she received tons of compliments. We spent the afternoon thrift shopping (today's best find: a pogo stick) and then capped off the day with BB's BBQ. The evening was a perfect until I dropped some of my BBQ beans on Allison's white pants.
I've been working on a quilt for my friend Becky and I wanted to get it finished by the time Martin and Marlene left so that they could take it back to Ontario (since the shipping would cost more than I spent on the quilt). I have been working diligently on it, but I've had some other Christmas craft requests so it became an "in-between" project, as quilts often do, and even though I had only the binding to apply, I was way behind. Marlene offered to help and a few hours later- we were done. It felt great to get it finished and see it leave my house. I love to craft - but for other people- I already have too much stuff!
It was a quiet weekend but fun. The weather has been unbelievable cold so we've been spending alot of time sipping tea and reading the stack of Calvin and Hobbes books I found in Annie's basement.





No comments:
Post a Comment