Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Birthday (Party)

Yesterday was officially Allison's first birthday but today FEELS like her birthday since today is the big PARTY! I feel like I've planned more for Allison's birthday than I did for my own wedding (thanks Mom!) I'm excited to get his party started!

We got up early today (even before Allison) to set up tables, chairs, and the banners. It was a lot of stuff but it only took and hour to set up. After a few Mom and Dad bounces in the bounce-house, it was time to head inside to get ready for church.

Allison and I didn't go to church because Allison really needed a nap and I didn't want to leave everything in the backyard unattended.

Allison got an hour long nap in the morning and was in good spirits to take some birthday shots before everyone arrived. She is just too cute and I couldn't pick a favourite.
 
 


I picked pink, teal, and white for her party colors based on fabric I found at Joann's. I made this romper because it was easy, Allison could move in it, and it would be cool (I was hoping for hot weather). Everything worked out - especially the hot weather. It hit 32 degrees today!
 The party was a big hit and everyone had a great time. The kids loved the sugar and the bounce-house. Allison isn't quite ready for a cake-smash (her first taste of cake) so we'll have do a photo-shoot just the three of us when she's ready.


 









 
 We raised an impressive amount for the Ronald McDonald House and Allison got some amazing gifts from our generous friends.

 Everyone had cleared out (after helping up pull down the house and clean up) and we were packed up and cleaned up by 4:30pm! It was amazing! Marlene, Nathan, Allison, and I sat on the front porch and had a supper of left-overs from the past couple of days and then headed to Loose Park for an after dinner walk. The park was the perfect way to end a really special birthday weekend.
 



We are so thankful to have Allison in our lives (even when she's teething) and were a thankful to be able to celebrate this special day with so many people who have supported us in the hard times leading up to this day. We're so lucky and proud to have this special girl in our life!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful set up! You did a incredible job. Love the pics of Alison!

    ReplyDelete