Friday, May 9, 2014

Powell Gardens

My friend, April Mitchell, told me about a free day at Powell Gardens and I was so excited to go. Many of the higher end parks require admission so I only go on the free days! This park was on the Missouri side, about an hour out of town. It was quite the drive but it was quite the park!



 The park was full today (because of the price cut - it's usually $10 per person) and there were several school trips going on today too.

I met up with Anna and April at the park and we carted around our 7 kids while enjoying the scenery. It wasn't as big as I had originally thought it would be but it was well maintained and beautifully arranged.

I don't think I'd go back, but I'm glad I went today and got to catch up with friends. It wasn't as hot today as it has been in the last few days so Allison really enjoyed the walk.
 

After an afternoon full of fresh air she fell asleep at 6pm without any fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment