Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday!

I haven't blogged this week because I've been super busy!

Between preparing for the party, swimming lessons, doctor's appointments (my foot is healed!), grocery shopping, Allison teething, buying a new lawn mower (and using it), tenants leaving the back house and a new tenant moving in, picking up tables, chairs, balloons, and cotton candy mix, and Marlene arriving on Friday afternoon- I am exhausted!

I've been working hard at doing as much work ahead of time as possible for the party so that on party day we'll have a quick set up.

Nathan had to work today so Allison and Oma spent some quality time together while I baked and cooked for the party. I made:

-rice crispie treats (dipped in pink (white) chocolate)
-brownies
-pink lemonade cupcakes (with chrysanthemum style icing)
-potato salad
-macaroni salad

It didn't take too long and Allison was content to watch the action. Marlene made up all the party favors while I puttered in the kitchen.

Nathan was home by 1pm this afternoon so we decided to hit up the Brookside Art Fair. Brookside is the neighborhood that our church is in and a great group of church members were volunteering on the grounds- giving out cotton candy, snow cones, bottles of water and popcorn to people passing by (for FREE!). People were really grateful for the treats. It was a really hot day so Allison and I sat in the shade with the other kids and ate snow-cones while Nathan and Marlene explored the Art Fair.

It was 29 degrees and I was boiling. I've been checking the Farmer's Almanac for the last 2 months to get a sense of the weather for Allison's birthday weekend. It said there would a period of rain for 5 days and this weekend was under the umbrella. However, as the weekend got closer the 5 days of doom and gloom moved closer and closer to the end of April and away from May. And tomorrow it's supposed to be even hotter!

We had a great time with our friends and enjoying some family time (which has been in short-supply lately). After helping pack-up and clean-up we enjoyed a dinner out since we were all too fried to cook!
I printed a dozen picutres to hang up for Allison's party tomorrow and I realized that I had printed these shots taken 10 months apart! I can't believe the difference! 20 extra pounds looks good on her!





No comments:

Post a Comment