Friday, November 7, 2014

Dolly

Nathan had the day off today and while Allison took a nap, I went to run some errands. I needed to pick up a few things at Walmart, including a new sippy cup since I somehow lost Allison's at Costco this morning. I picked up a few groceries, refilled a prescription, then decided to go to the thrift store across from Walmart (since it's rare I get to go without Allison). I didn't find much for myself but I've started looking for a CabbagePatch doll for Allison. I "adopted" my cabbage patch doll (who I'm pretty sure was a preemie) when I was young and wanted one for Allison but all the dolls in the store are really expensive and had strange clothes and themes. I just wanted a regular doll- but I wanted her to have blue eyes and blond hair.

At the thrift store I found this doll. She was really clean, her hair wasn't knotted, and she smelled like the original doll. If you've ever had a CB doll- you KNOW that smell. I brought her home and tossed her in the wash, scrubbed her face, braided her hair, then put her in the onsie that Martin and Marlene gave Allison when she was first born and didn't fit into until she was 6 weeks old. I can't believe Allison was small than a CB doll! Since this doll didn't come with her "birth records" I named her Lainey Clover. When I presented her to Allison, Allison immediately gave her a big hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment