Saturday, November 22, 2014

First Thanksgiving

Nathan was in the clinic this week so he had the weekend off. I felt like we had time to catch-up this weekend and I am so thankful for this time. John Mark and Jill invited over for an early holiday lunch today. Their kids and their wives also attended. Sometimes we feel like we're intruding because their kids are our age and even though with see JM and Jill as friends and not parental figures, we don't want to intrude on family gatherings. JM and Jill assured us that we were welcome.

We've met each of the couples before and they're all so sweet and we all get along well so we were really excited to go. Each couple has a child, one is 8 months older than Allison, and one is 8 months younger so Allison had a good day too.

JM dresses up as Santa for the Misison Hills Light Ceremony each year and he tried on his costume for the kids. Allison didn't mind the costume but she DID NOT want to sit on his lap. Poor JM, we're all laughing while he's trying to hold onto our wild child.
 

We had a catered meal of Jack Stack BBQ and visited until we realized the family had plans for the day.
Nathan and the guys made plans to go see a movie tonight (I was happy for the time alone) so now I've tucked Allison into bed and I'm enjoying updating the blog in a quiet house.

No comments:

Post a Comment