This morning was the Talbot Trail Garage Sales. People that
live along the line are encouraged to have sales. There were some great items,
some overpriced items, and lots of junk but I found a few perfect things. I got
a Norman Rockwell print of a doctor’s office that is the same image that was in
my childhood doctor’s office, a wool blanket (so I can try to make a sweater
coat for myself when I get back to KC), a few baking items, and a plastic kids
house. I know I can’t take it back to KC but for $10 I couldn’t resist, and my
parents have plans to drive to see us in the spring. I’ve wanted one of these houses for Allison
for a long time, but they are very expensive to buy new, and I’ve seen people
sell that at garage sales for $50.
She was very excited when she saw that we were loading it
into the back of the truck.
Later in the afternoon, Shelley brought the kids out to go
swimming. It was another hot day here in Boxall. After swimming and lunch, we
made some cement patio stones. The mix was very rocky but we decided to make
them anyway.









No comments:
Post a Comment