Saturday, August 6, 2016

Port Stanley Pier



Last year, the pier at the main beach in Port Stanley was reopened (after being closed for a decade). The pier was in disrepair and was dangerous (during rough tide) and the provincial government chose to close it. However, a few years ago, Central Elgin took ownership of it and have worked to make it a safe place. They have added a boardwalk, and currently there is a park under construction (next to the pier). 

I wanted to go to the pier the last time I was home, but it is closed in the winter. This morning, my mom and I got up at 6am to head to the pier so that I could get some pictures that weren’t cluttered with people. It was a beautiful morning, and I think it’s great for Port Stanley that this space is available again. 
 
 
 

 


 
 After the pier, we drove to the house my mom grew up in and where I spent my first year, then went to the Jackson fish market to get some fresh pickerel for dinner.






No comments:

Post a Comment