Saturday, September 17, 2016

Community Garden

When I was on my way to the zoo on Wednesday, I saw a community garden with an ad posted for a Fall Festival. Nathan has the weekend off so today we went to the Kansas City Community Gardens. It was a free even at an amazing space. It was so cool and they had tons of things to do like crafts, face painting, glitter tattoos, and food stations (where you could try the food that was grown in the garden). The Lakeside Nature Center (across the street) was there with a barn owl and a praying mantis.


 

 
 
 
 

 
 

Allison got her face painted like a kitten, played in the water fountain, snacked on ginger cookies, then went for a horse ride with Nathan before we headed home. It was a quick trip, and I would have loved to stay longer but Allison wasn't interested in the plants. I can't believe the whole experience was free! There are so many fun things to do in KC.

1 comment: