I wanted to try something new with Allison, so I took her to open play at a local gymnastics facility. It was $5 for an hour of play. Allison had a lot of fun. She loved the ropes. There was a rope swing that went over a foam pit, and Allison was waiting in line when the boy in front of her, who was probably 5, said he was too scared to go and handed the rope to her.
Allison went, and after she landed, the boy's father turned to him and said, "See? She's a baby and she did it, why can't you?" I looked over at the wife but she just put her head down. It was unnerving to witness.
In the last 15 minutes, the instructor brought out a three seat swing for the kids to play on. There were only about 8 kids in the gym so Allison got 3 turns before the time was up.
Allison had a great time and began to sob when the announcement came over the PA system that it was time to go. I'm glad we found a new (affordable) place to visit.







No comments:
Post a Comment