Monday, December 5, 2016

Imogen's House

Imogen is my child care buddy at Wornall Road Baptist Church. Each room needs two volunteers and most teams are couples, but Imogen is on her own, and Nathan is only at church twice a month (at once a month he acts as the pastor leader who introduces the church, reads, and closes the service) so Imogen and I were paired up. We get along really well and have been working together, monthly, for over a year.

She's also close to the McKay family, and tonight she invited the McKay's and our family over for dinner. And when I say dinner, I mean FEAST. There was vegetables, mashed potatoes, the best pork chops I've ever had, applesauce, fresh sweet bread, and hand churned butter that we all took turns making with Imogen's vintage Dazey churn.

I brought an apple crisp for dinner (because it was easy and it's my favorite) and it was the perfect end to a delicious dinner. It was very generous of Imogen to invite us, and she was gracious as the kids ran around her house and made a million messes.

No comments:

Post a Comment