Saturday, December 3, 2016

Thrift Scores

Allison loves to watch youtube toy review videos. But it also means that at least once a day I hear, "Mom! I want to ask Santa for _____________ for Christmas!"

Lately she's been watching Polly Pocket videos that feature Polly (who is now 4 inches tall) being put into different gel/plastic outfits.  I looked for the dolls/clothes online because the clothes fit the Disney princesses she already owns. I looked in stores and on ebay but even used, the clothes are insanely expensive.

I was looking for a serving dish so I took Allison to the thrift store with me and what did we find? Three sandwich bags full of the doll clothes that she wanted. The bags were $3 each. I also saw two Polly Pocket houses for $4 each. It was a great score. I only wish Allison hadn't been with me when I found them because I would have saved them for Christmas.

I found this brand new mini-bat at the thrift store. It was only 25 cents but I thought it was so funny that it was for the Toronto Blue Jays. I couldn't resist buying it, even though I know it will end up being used by Allison to break something.

No comments:

Post a Comment