Nathan had last weekend off and we decided to go on one of our KC (area) adventures. Nathan found this park and it looked like a great fit for us. Big Bull Creek Park is located in Edgerton, Kansas, which is about 35 minutes away from our house.
It had a playground for Allison to play on. She loved the musical instruments and balance equipment. It also had soft and hard top trails. We opted for the trail through the woods. At the half way point, we found ourselves beside the St. Columbine Catholic Cemetery.
I love old cemeteries, so we went in and walked around. I noticed the Harrington name on many of the stones and researched the land when I got home and read that in 1897, D.B. Harrington donated the land to the church. The earliest grave was from 1884. There are older unmarked graves and it is believed the unmarked graves were the Mexican families of the workers who worked for the nearby railroad building the local train.
We made our way back to the trail and finished out the mile long trek.















No comments:
Post a Comment