Tuesday, April 16, 2019

San Diego Zoo

What excited me most about this trip was a visit to the San Diego Zoo. I've heard amazing things, plus there is a panda exhibit! I've never seen a panda and I was really excited.

We chose the coolest, rainiest day to go because animals are always more active, and it seemed to keep the crowds away - especially the crowds with kids. Did I mention it was Southern California's spring break week?

We stayed at the zoo for 7 hours and we were walking the entire time. The zoo was huge. It doubles as a botanical garden and was incredible to see the plants on the walking paths and within the animal exhibits. The animals (with the exception of the panda) were similar to those at the KC zoo, and I was most impressed with their bird enclosures. I thought there would be more big animals, like rhinos, tigers, lions, but the KC zoo has a comparable amount. It made me further appreciate our local zoo and how lucky we are to live so close to it.







 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment