Saturday, April 20, 2019

While We Were Gone

While we were gone, Martin and Marlene took excellent care of Allison. We called each day but she wasn't overly interested in chatting with us.

We booked our trip before Whitefield announced the date of their father/daughter dance, so Nathan wasn't able to take Allison. Martin agreed to go in Nathan's place and Allison was excited to take her Opa.
**Allison tried on her dress for me so I could take some pictures of her dance/Easter outfit before we left.
 
 
 
 

Grandparent's Day was a big success. Allison and her class recited The House that Jack Built and sang two songs. There was an art show and Allison's art was on display.
 


Allison's class had a tea party with the principal of the school. I signed up to bring the tea pots. I went to the thrift store and bought two $3 white teapots, and then used a Sharpie to decorate the teapots with the names of the kids in the class. I baked the teapots for 45 minutes in the oven to set the color (I was inspired by the Christmas cookie plate we made last winter).

Allison also got to decorate Easter Eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment