Sunday, May 26, 2019

Cat Cafe

After we got home from our last Canada visit, I started looking up places where you could rent a cat or dog for an afternoon. I didn't want to sign up for a dog walking service, I just wanted to borrow a pet for a few hours because Allison really loves animals.

I found a place called the Whiskers Cafe. It's a cat cafe, which means it's an open room with a dozen cats free - roaming, and there's also a coffee bar. It's partenered with the KC Pet project and the cats that are in the cafe are up for adoption. I spoke to one of the staff who said that they have already had 60 cats adopted this year.

I was really impressed with the Cafe. It was very clean and the staff had the best interests of the animals at heart (they diligently watched a couple of young kids who were a little rough with the cats). The cats had a private space if they got too stressed out. Most were just lounging and loved to be pet. Allison moved from cat to cat, giving each one special attention. I didn't tell her what we were up to so she was very surprised.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment