Friday, October 4, 2019

Go Ape

I found a Groupon for a treetop adventure rope course in Swope Park and I was really excited when Nathan said he wanted to go with me.

I'm really fearful of heights, but I felt totally secure in the harness so while it was a tough arm and core workout, I wasn't worried about falling.

Our instructor was great, but he only helped us through the first rope course. After that we moved at our own pace through the 5 blocks of courses. We started as a group of 3 couples, 20's, 30's and 50's. The 20's couple stopped after the first block because the young lady had a panic attack on the course. And once you're locked in from the start of the course, you can't change positions (and you can't go back) so she HAD to do it and she sobbed the whole time. I felt really bad for her - and for her date because he dropped out too.

We continued on and had a great time. After each set of courses in the block, you took a zipline down to the ground to start the next block. It was a fun adventure and it was a really fun date.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment