It was hard to get Allison to commit to a costume this year. She was very specific as to what she DIDN'T want (no princesses!) but couldn't tell me what she wanted to be. I came up with about 40 options for her and she turned them all down.
A couple weeks before Halloween, Allison started to re-read Charlotte's Web. I said, why don't we go as characters from the book? The costumes were easy, Allison had cowgirl boots and overalls, I used a yard of fleece to make my web (and it took a lot of confidence to walk around with "some pig" written on my torso), and Nathan wore his grass cutting overalls and summer beach hat with a shirt I found at an estate sale for $1. I bought the stuffed pig from Ikea for $6.
The most expensive item was Allison's candy bag. I found a high quality image of the book cover, then printed it on fabric from Spoonflower. I ordered it in canvas (to hold up for all that candy). The bag was the perfect addition to show who we were supposed to be.
After we got ready we headed to our neighbors house for pizza and snacks. Then we trick-or-treated as a group. There were probably 25 kids and at least that many adults. I'm glad we live in a neighborhood that comes together for fun stuff for kids. Allison got to meet some more neighborhood kids, and we met some more neighbors, all who kind and welcoming to us newcomers.











No comments:
Post a Comment