Thursday, May 5, 2011

Results

I don’t know why today was such a tough day. That’s lie, I guess I do. We received Michael’s autopsy results and even though they showed no problems with him and it was just one of those things, it made for a day full of tears and regrets and moments of wondering what could have been. 

However, in the midst of my wallowing I received an email from an old friend who told me that after years of infertility, fertility treatments and prayers, her prayers were answered in that she is now pregnant. She will be such an amazing mother and I am beyond happy for her. She expressed that she was nervous to tell me, fearing how I would react, but I told her that I’ve been praying for her, just as I’ve been praying that it would be ok for Nathan and I to try for another child when we’re ready, and today it seemed that both our prayers have been answered. 

I did manage to pull myself together enough to go to knitting class. There were 5 of us today but we all shared our most recent projects – I showed them a couple of hats I made, and they showed me there super-advanced sweaters and mittens that put my simple designs to shame. I am learning a lot from them and they’ve been really good to me. 




1 comment:

  1. Wow - I think your "simple" creations are amazing! They are so stinkin' adorable! What a tough day you've had. I don't know your grief, I can only imagine. I wish I were there to be whatever small support I could be for you. Please don't think we forget - it's just difficult to address it when so much space separates a lot of those who would be your support and written communication is all we have with you right now. Never forget that you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete