Thursday, May 24, 2012

LOVE Cemeteries

I've expressed my love of old cemeteries on the blog before. I find them peaceful and beautiful and I love reading the stones and imagining those who once lived in this area. I've also always been drawn to infant graves and now I feel even more deeply connected when I spend time walking through these historical sites.

The Black's cemetery is well maintained in a little hideaway on Talbot Line.




We continued down the road to the Love Cemetery. This cemetery is surrounded by forests and although that makes for a nice location, some of the trees are starting to encroach on the older graves. This really bothers me- I'm not sure why I take it personally, I guess it's just because I respect the area so much.



3 comments:

  1. Wow! That first photo of the trees surrounding the grave is so cool! And scary kind of haha. What a cute cemetery name, Love Cemetery. That's a sweet little poem on the gravestone at Black's Cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos. we like walking through old cemeteries as well. it makes me sad that a lot of them are run down and not taken care of as much as the bigger ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos but so strange to see the trees right beside that one gravestone.

    ReplyDelete