Saturday, May 5, 2012

29 Weeks

After a week of having our son in the N.I.C.U, Nathan arrived home from Baltimore. I was so happy to see him and while he was here we got to have some major baby milestones. Nathan changed a diaper and I FINALLY got to hold John Riley. He is so light and fragile and I couldn't believe I was able to hold him. This is called "kangaroo care" and is really good for the baby's breathing and heart rate. JR did really well so I was able to hold him for a couple hours (I wish I could have done it for a few more).

It was the happiest moment of my whole life.

Diaper Change
JR with Nathan's wedding ring

4 comments:

  1. *sorry I can't resist commenting on these....*

    SO THRILLED for you that you finally were able to hold your son! It bring tears to my eyes! Praising God that you are able to experience these moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this brought tears to my eyes! i am so so glad you were able to hold him and nathan was able to learn the ropes of diaper changing :) love you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO awesome you got to hold him, so so very happy for you! I LOVE that photo of you holding him! What amazing parents you two are. Johns little hand is so precious next to Nathans ring! Thanks for sharing these posts, Amanda! I am so grateful that we get to see you three and celebrate with you guys as well as know more how to pray for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John is so tiny, it's hard for us to comprehend. His little hand with Nathan's ring is incredible. We keep praying!

    ReplyDelete