I have found the saying "shared joy is double joy and shared sorrow is half sorrow" incredibly true in these last 2 weeks. When Nathan isn't here I feel overwhelmed and scared. I know I have his (and our families and friends) support but sitting in a hospital room alone is exhausting and stressful.
Nathan came home last night and I immediately felt my tension lift. His ease, smile, and assurance that everything would be okay allowed me to smile and laugh for the first time this week. He works so hard during the week at his rotation, and then travels for 6 hours to get home to us each weekend- I'm so grateful to have such an amazing man as a husband and father of JR.
Love the photos! Goodness, JR is SOO precious! What an amazing feeling having Nathan there with you, that is so wonderful :) I hope his rotation is done soon so he can be there with you more! I wish I could just fly there and be there with you in the hospital! You are such an amazing mother and wife to your boys. I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day!! (I don't know if that's celebrated in Canada like it is here, haha, Happy Mother's Day anyways!) Love you all!
ReplyDeletelove love love the pictures! so glad you and nathan have each other. stay strong my beautiful friend
ReplyDelete