Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ladies Who Brunch

This morning Nathan and I woke up to a big snow/ice storm. There wasn't a lot of snow but it was very windy and at 5am the roads hadn't been plowed or salted. I had plans for the day so I needed to drive Nathan. I was a little nervous but better that we replaced the tires on the car a couple of weeks ago.

I drove really slow and was lucky that there weren't many cars on the road. It was really slippery but I made it home safely.
Luckily, by the time I was heading out at 11am the sunshine had melted some of the snow and I felt good about driving (until a woman in a jeep decided she didn't need to stop at a red light and almost T- boned my car). It wasn't slippery, all the other cars stopped, I think she was just in a hurry.

I headed to the Classic Cookie Cafe in Waldo (about 8 minutes from my house) to meet with April and Madison. I thought it was going to be a bakery but instead it was a really cute, small restaurant that reminded me a lot of the Country Charm Cafe in St. Thomas, which is my favorite breakfast place.


We met at 11am so that we could choose breakfast or lunch and I chose breakfast! I love having a big breakfast and I splurged on the grand slam. I'm really going to miss my friends here, even though right now I really miss my friends at home, so it was good to soak up a few more hours of their company before we head home in a week.

When I got home I finally got to (serious) work on my latest sewing project. My friend Anna's daughter is having a birthday party early in the new year and asked me if I could sew a party dress for her. I was really nervous, especially since she only sent me a picture and Arwen's measurements. I didn't really know what I was doing, but a lot of pink later - including SIX yards of tulle, this is what I came up with. It's not perfect, but I think it's really close to the picture (she wanted pink instead of red). I can't wait to bring it to church on Sunday!







No comments:

Post a Comment