Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Today Nathan and I started our Christmas off right - with french toast and all the toppings. We had plans to go to church last night for the 11pm service but Nathan fell asleep on the couch at 9pm so I watched It's a Wonderful Life and then we just went to bed.

We slept in 'til about 9 and then had our big, relaxing breakfast. We made the plan to go see Les Miserables since it opened today and we had friends who saw a preview of it and it was really good. I love musicals so I dragged Nathan since it was my turn to pick the movie. The theatre was packed - every seat was taken and I'm so glad that we got there early to get a seat on the aisle because in a 2 hour and 40 minute movie - you're going to use it.

About 10 minutes into the movie, I wished it hadn't been my turn to pick. It was terrible! Not only were the graphics really corny (nothing looked real) but the singing was medicore. Casting Russel Crowe in the lead? Don't we remember what happened when Pierce Brosnan was cast in Mama Mia?!?

Every line of the movie was sung - so really, the movie could have been an hour long except that I had to listen drawn out conversations with no consistency in tempo or tune. It was like a bad Saturday Night Live Skit- it almost became comical. I was really disappointed, but I like to see the movies that are nominated for big awards and it wasn't the worst movie I'd ever seen, it was just too big for it's britches.

Nathan and I sung our conversations the whole way home.

"Should we take Ward Parkwaaaaaayyyy???"
"What if theeeeerrreee isssss trafffffiiiccc!"

After an afternoon nap we got all dressed up to meet John Mark and Jill and McCormick and Schmidt's on the Plaza. There were only a handful of restaurants open today and we were lucky that Nathan thought to make a reservation early. When we arrived it was PACKED. We thought we would avoid the rush by eating right at 6pm, but there were so many people there who didn't even have reservations trying to get in. We still had to wait about 20 minutes but it wasn't too bad.



Once we got to our table we settled into a wonderful Christmas dinner. We had wine, appetizers, main course, and dessert - a real Christmas feast! The food was good but the company was best. JM and Jill even brought us a gift - a bottle of Kansas Wine!





No comments:

Post a Comment