Monday, March 11, 2013

Match Day

Today was the American match day. It was a little nerve racking to hear about all the Canadian matches last week because we still had a wait ahead of us. Nathan didn't apply in Canada and knowing that that first round was over made our decision that much more locked in stone. (If you apply to both Canada and the US, and don't match in Canada you are still eligible for the American match. Once you match in Canada, you are pulled out of the American match).

We usually run errands on Mondays so in between groceries and the library we headed to Tim Hortons to wait for THE EMAIL.

At noon all the emails are sent to those who matched.

12:00pm - No email
12:01pm - Nathan gets an email from his friend Billy saying he matched
12:05pm - Over 10 people have written on facebook that they have matched (still no email)
12:20pm- I think Nathan is about to faint.
12:25pm: The email comes with one line. "Congratulations, you matched."

It was the longest half hour we've experienced in awhile. I knew it would be ok and felt confident reassuring Nathan while we were waiting but it was strange how long it took to get the notice.

So Part I of the match is complete. Nathan has matched to one of his 10 chosen residency locations and will be notified as to where we will be on Friday.  Come On KC!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't they cruel?! And then they match you but refuse to tell you where. Spice of life, I guess. :) I like how you're "moving out" of your parents - on to bigger and better things! Like a JOB! With a SALARY! Congrats on matching.

    ReplyDelete