Today was a really full day. We got up early and went to see Alli before heading to Fingal to visit the church we attended while living in Boxall. We wanted to tell them about the baby because we left so suddenly to move to London and it's a really small church so we knew we would be missed. Everyone was really glad to see us and they were REALLY surprised to find out that I was even pregnant- and they saw me every week!
They were all supportive and even prayed for us before the sermon. After church we went to my parents house for lunch. I had to pick up a few things- including non-maternity clothes. I know we could be coming back to live in Boxall in the next few days but I missed being home and seeing my family. My Dad has been so busy with farming and my Mom had a cold so neither of them have been to visit me this week!
After lunch we sat outside and chatted (I forgot my sunscreen and got a little burn- yikes!) and then we headed back to the RMH. I don't like being too far from Alli and it wasn't difficult to be at home but I did feel uneasy about not being across the street. Because of this feeling, I know I won't be able to go with Nathan to Boston for his graduation ceremony. I would love to go and it makes me really sad to not be there to support him, but there is not way I could drive 11 hours each way, and go 3 days without seeing Alli. I knew I wouldn't be able to go pregnant so I don't feel as disappointed as I initially did, but even with her here, in good care, I just can't leave her.
We arrived home just in time for dinner. Dinner was provided by 3 Mennonite couples. It was amazing- roast beef, steamed carrots, whipped potatoes, and homemade angel food cake (with vanilla ice cream and butter sauce) for dessert. It was heavenly! We ate outside and after dinner a group of teens that came with the couples sang hymns in the lounge area. Nathan and I sat and listened for the whole set- they were amazing and so confident.
After dinner we headed back to the hospital to see Alli and to give her a bath. It was Nathan's turn for a bath and Alli tolerated it well. She's changing so much in that things don't bother her as much as they did even a week ago. She initially hated to be touched or moved but now she fusses a little then quickly relaxes. This bath was much easier and smoother than the last two (but maybe we're just getting more comfortable).
Allison also had her weight checked tonight and she's up to a WHOPPING 3 pounds, 13 ounces! I know it's still small but she's gaining an ounce a day! She's becoming more alert and staying awake for longer stretches during the day.



Man, she is CA-UTE!!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't know you were expecting! ;) My heart just breaks to think of you being in the same setting as you were last year and to have so many painful reminders. But I am so happy that it is JOY that surrounds this year's circumstances! You will continue to be in my prayers!
ReplyDelete