This morning when I went to visit Allison, her nurse asked why she hadn't been put into a cot/crib yet. Babies are usually moved when they hit 4 pounds. So we (me and the nurse) moved her into a cot! It was such a big deal because now she doesn't feel so removed from us. When she was in the incubator she felt so distant and we could only have contact with her through the 'portholes' in the side. Now I can pick her up without the nurses helping me and it she feels a little more mine. Nathan came with me for cuddle-time today and I really enjoyed it since it's starting to hit me that he'll be leaving for Kansas City soon.
Today was a busy paperwork day because we received a letter from the Canadian government yesterday saying that what we submitted as Allison's gestation was different from what the hospital submitted. After going through the NICU, the Mother Baby Unit, a social worker, and finally Medical Records, we obtained a copy of her birth record so that we could submit it along with our form so that (hopefully) the discrepancy can be cleared up because we can't get her birth certificate without it.
Having a newborn at home is exhausting but I agree with you - having a newborn in the NICU is more exhausting! All the going back and forth makes life CRAZY. I only spent 2 days going down for every feeding and I was spent. I hope she gets to come home soon! I love following her progress on your blog!
ReplyDelete