Even though we've had nothing but good news in regards to Allison, we're still exhausted. I think a lot of that has to do with us being so tied to the hospital. The nurses laugh when I say it seems like it will be easier at home, but at least when she's home she can come with me to visit friends or family or run errands. We both need our time for ourselves, but there is a strong sense of guilt when we're not present for Allison.
To refresh ourselves, I encouraged Nathan to go golfing with his buddies this weekend. Nathan had 3 friends (his groomsmen from our wedding) Scott, Shane, and Mike, came to London to golf at Forest City National and see the baby. Nathan was out from 10am-4pm and he said said that his face hurt from smiling and laughing so much. As the five of us were standing outside the RMH talking, a young girl (with her parents) ran up and hugged Nathan. It was really funny and Nathan said he must be giving off a "Dad Vibe." He was GLOWING!
My refreshment came from visiting my parents tonight. Nathan needed to pick up some clothes to prepare for Boston this weekend. He'll be gone from Friday-Monday. I cleaned out my room because my mom and Shelley offered to start putting some furniture in my room for when Alli comes home. It still feels strange to think about her coming home!
My mom made a lasagne dinner and my Dad was able to take some time out from farming to eat and visit with us. It was a great visit and I was glad that we were able to move Alli's schedule around so that we could spend some time with my parents.
We usually bathe Alli at 8pm but I didn't want to rush through dinner with my parents so we pushed it back to 11pm- talk about exhausted! But Alli doesn't know what time it is (she's only seen daylight for about 10 minutes on her second day of life) so we headed into the hospital for bath/weigh night. Allison is now 4 pounds, 8 ounces! I can't believe how fast she is growing and it scares me a little to think of how big she would have been if I had got to full term!



No comments:
Post a Comment