After I failed my vision test at the license bureau, I knew it was time to get my eyes checked. I always wear my glasses when I drive but I wouldn't say that I'm blind without them.
I booked an appointment with an Optometrist in our neighborhood but she wasn't available on a day that Nathan had off so I had to take Allison with me. I tried to time it so that I could get her really sleepy and the car ride over would knock her out, but instead, she stayed awake and was miserable by the time I got to the appointment. The staff was understanding but it was already on overwhelming experience- what is a co-pay? How does this medical system work? What's a health card primary?
It's really hard to get your eyes tested with a squirmy baby on your lap but we got through it. Thankfully my eyes haven't changed in the last 5 years (the last time I got a new pair of glasses) so that I can keep wearing the ones I have. I would like to get a new pair but that can wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment