Today my Mom, Shelley (and her kids) and Allison and I drove 40 minutes to the Greenview Aviary and Zoo. It started as a hobby farm for a local family, but turned into mini-zoo and playground. It's popular with local families and schools (there were 4 school buses there today!) and while it's no Omaha Zoo, I was pleasantly surprised by what the park had to offer.
Allison did really well during our 4 1/2 hour stay. She always does well when she's outside and there's many people to watch. The kids loved the animals- especially when a little goat got out of his cage, and even though I couldn't take many good pictures because there were often double chain-linked fences around the cages, I took the oppurtunity to enjoy the zoo rather than try to practice taking photos.
We had a good time and on the drive home, all 4 kids fell asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment