Thursday, June 26, 2014

Welcome Home

After last night's stressful flight, I was glad to have a good night's sleep in my own bed. Allison slept until 6, I thought she might sleep in, but I was just thankful we were done traveling.

My friend April baked blueberry muffins and and brought over dinner for tonight so that I could have a day of rest - how thoughtful is that!?! April said that she thought if I didn't have errands to run (since she brought such great meals) that I could come blueberry picking with some women from Wornall in the morning. I was dressed and ready to go but Allison decided to have a long nap (2 hours!) and I didn't want to wake her so we just stayed home and unpacked our suitcases.
I had a small package waiting for me when I got home and I was so excited to open it. It was a gift from my friend Christa (the woman who was one the plane with me on the way back to Ontario). Christa was my frist friend at Wornall and she's played a major role in helping me deal with my grief after losing the boys.
Christa lets me unload all my round-a-bout feelings, she remembers all the important dates, sends me "thinking of you cards" and emails me regularly with words of encouragement. I know everyone isn't that type of personality (including me) but she's been an inspiration to me for how to help others grieve and I've learned a lot from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment