The weather has been great so far this week. It's warm and enjoyable to be outside. I love having an outside place to take Allison. I really missed having a porch/yard when we lived in an apartment. Since we can't go in the grass because we will be eaten alive by chiggers (a tiny mite that lives in the grass and delivers bites that last for 2 weeks and are twice as itchy as a mosquito) we've been spending a lot of time on the front porch watching the cars go by.
Allison is really good about avoiding steps but I don't want to take any chances. I've seen baby gates for sale online (but meeting strangers really freaks me out) and buying new doesn't seem worth it so this morning I made this really simple (reversible) fabric baby gate. It's just 2 pieces of fabric sewn together with a tie at each corner to attach to the railing. Allison can't use it to stand, but it's tight enough that she can't pull it down and can't climb under it so it's doing it's job.
I know Allison isn't ready to feed herself but I try to give her an opportunity to practice - usually before bath time. She's getting better but by the end she's just lifting the bowl/plate to her face rather than use the spoon.



No comments:
Post a Comment