Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pink and Park

Something really strange about Kansas City is that school starts in early August! All of the public pools close this week because all the kids go back- even though we're just moving into the hottest part of the summer.  April mentioned that she'd be heading to the Mission Pool since today was going to be a scorcher and we decided to join her.

I knew that April had her mid-pregnancy ultrasound yesterday and I've been pestering her to take a gender reveal picture with her son. It wasn't really her style, but I eventually wore her down. We arranged to meet a half hour before our swim at the adjacent park to have a mini-photoshoot.

April pulled in a few minutes after me and when I saw her step out of her car with a bouquet of pink balloons I started to tear up! April really wanted a girl (my guess was another boy) and I'm so happy for their growing family. We managed to get Griffin to pose and smile (even though I'm sure he'd have rather have been playing) and got some cute pictures before we headed to the pool.
 
 
Allison hated the pool the last time we went. She cuddled into me and wouldn't touch the water. Today she loved it! maybe it was because it was so hot and she needed to cool down but she sat in the water and every now and then crawled into the deeper water. She played for over an hour and passed out in the car ride home - still holding onto the pink balloon April let us take home.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment