Finally...someone asked me to make an Elsa costume. I mean- that movie has been out for months and no one thought to add a costume to the numerous "Let it Go" performances I've had to watch?
My sister-in-law Shelley asked me to make a dress-up (and possibly Halloween) costume for Scarlett. I haven't been to Joann's in 3 months so I was itching for a reason to go. Allison and I went early so we could wander the store and not have to wait in lines. I usually get everything cut and then remember one more thing. I've become better at preparing what I want to get ahead of time. I get all my coupons ready, measure my patterns (so I'm not overbuying fabric) and write down ideas (in case the fabric I want isn't there or is out of my price range.
Even though I hate using tulle, it made sense for the project so I worked through it and I think it looks pretty good. Elsa wears a long cape/train thing but I wanted to make it detachable in case Scarlett gets it caught or doesn't like it. I even added a dreaded zipper to the dress! I took it outside to take a few pictures and a car actually slowed down as they were passing - they probably had a 4 year old in the car.All that's left to do is stick it in the mail!
I've been trying to get organized since Allison and my sewing machine share her room. The more projects I do, the more the piles build up so I've been working at putting everything back in its place. This organization was what spurred my initial desire to go to Joann's because I needed some paper bobbins for my embroidery thread. I bought 130 of them and thought that was a crazy amount but I ended up using them all!

No comments:
Post a Comment