Thursday, August 28, 2014

My Mom Group

This past weekend when we were at Danny and Katie's BBQ we loved playing in their pool. They let me know that they got there's at Target and since it's the end of summer I decided to go and see if there were any left. I found a copy of their pool on clearance for $39! It's a 10 foot kiddie pool but it's perfect for Allison and I to beat the heat. The yard isn't level (anywhere where I would put a pool) so it's not as full as it could be but it's great.

I offered to host Mom Group at my place this week because I thought that the kids would like to come over and splash. We had 6 moms and 7 kids and gorgeous weather for a morning swim.

Whenever I'm feeling bored or productive, I make and freeze a couple of different cookie recipes. When I baked at my former job, I loved being able to pull cookies out of the freezer and within 20 minutes, the whole place smelled great. I make double batches of cookies, weigh them (so they come out the same size), pre-freeze them (so they don't freeze in a big clump), then put them in storage containers. I love being able to take of a 6 cookies on a Saturday afternoon for Nathan and I.
My friend Lisa suggested I make ice cream sandwiches out of them so for a treat, I made some for the group. I think I over-filled our freezer so they weren't as frozen as I would have liked but they still tasted great.
After everyone left, I gave Allison a nap and when she woke up we headed back to the pool to tire her out again. This time she didn't have to share her water with any splashy boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment