Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cookie Swap

The pastor's wife, April, decided to hold a Ladies Lunch and Cookie Swap for all the women of Wornall.

We had different soups, breads, salads, and tons of desserts!

I love baking- especially cookies so I was really excited. I decided to move away from the traditional cookie route and instead I made No-Bake Haystacks. They are so tasty and have everything bad for you in them. They were my favourite as a kid, and as soon as I had one bite last week- I remembered why!

I felt great when they were all snapped up at the swap.
 

I have to share this story about cookies and my friend Katie. I love making cookies and at the start of each month (or whenever I need them) I tend to make huge batches of different cookie dough, portion them into individual cookies and freeze them so I can have freshly baked cookies anytime. Sometimes I give them as gifts or just little thank-you's. A few months back I gave my friend, Katie, a couple dozen of these frozen treats for her and her family (Katie is a doctor and involved in so much so I thought this would be a great treat).

Last week I went to visit Katie and brought some of my chocolate chips cookies (baked). She raved and asked me if these were the same ones I gave her. I said yes, and she hesitantly told me that the ones I had given her were awful! I was so embarrassed but had no idea why since the rest of the batch was fine!

I asked her if she followed my (overly detailed) instructions about cooking them slowly, turning them halfway through, then letting them cool on the sheet. She said that both she and her husband tried but they were flat and dense and gross. Then she said, "you know, I've never flipped cookies in the middle of baking them before." wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

YOU FLIPPED THE COOKIES OR ROTATED THE COOKIE SHEET?

She had flipped each cookie! We both laughed hyseterically and later when I told Nathan the story he confirmed that my instructions were confusing and that he may have done what Katie did.

I'll have to bring Katie a new batch to assure her I can make great chocolate chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment